CODE OF BEHAVIOUR
CosieVic strongly supports the Laws of the Australian States and Territories in respect of harassment and public behaviour and will vigorously support these laws to its fullest. More stringent laws of any state or territory have precedence over this code of behaviour.
• The rights of every person, are paramount in a clothes free environment.
• Further to the comments above, CosieVic has no intention of inhibiting or prohibiting mutually acceptable affectionate gestures within family units. Nor does it intend to intrude into relationships or the private acts of consenting adults in private, provided they do not take place within the event environment.
• CosieVic will not condone sexual harassment or sexual acts. These will have no place within CosieVic and will not be tolerated.
Members and guests are also advised they must abide by the rules of the venue.
• Unacceptable behaviour is defined as persistent staring, stalking or following, or crowding of an individual’s personal space. It also includes inappropriate or unwelcome touching or sexual acts or displays as well as any aggressive acts or threatening body language. If it is not acceptable within a family environment, it is not acceptable within event environments.
• Unwelcomed communications are defined as any unwanted advances, remarks, suggestions, propositions, gestures, threats, messages, ridicule or jokes of a crude or sexual nature. Persistent attempts to engage another person in clearly undesired conversation should be reported to the committee. Unsolicited comments and/or gestures about a person’s body are also considered unacceptable.
• Unauthorised photography and/or videoing (including use of camera phones) of people will not be tolerated at CosieVic, unless permission is obtained in advance from the committee or carried out by an appointed club photographer.
• Anyone who is aware of a photographer taking photos is obliged to report that person to the committee.
• Inappropriate touching is defined as unwelcome touching of another person’s body.
Any person experiencing or witnessing inappropriate behaviour is encouraged to report it as soon as possible to a CosieVic committee member.
Legitimate complaints referred to CosieVic will be investigated fully. If warranted, any behaviour that does not adhere to this code of behaviour will be reported to the appropriate authorities. Requests for confidentiality will be respected unless it is deemed necessary that the incident be referred to the appropriate authorities. Any acts that are contrary to this code of behaviour as outlined above, may result in that person’s expulsion from CosieVic events.